Happy new year from us at Buttercrumble! We wish you lots of good fortune for the year ahead (it's going to be a good one).
We believe that a new year means a new you and that transformation can be made through your branding. Here are our top tips for getting it right...
- A logo is not the entire brand - there are the company's values and personality to consider too!
- Know your audience - your brand has to appeal to your audience in order for them to engage with it. Don't guess... ask them questions.
- What will be the next trend? - trend forecasting can play a huge part in your business. You've got to be one step ahead of the game.
- But don't rely on trends - you don't want to be a one-trick-pony, so ensure there is a timelessness to your brand.
- Position yourself in the "brandscape" - study where your competitors are positioned. Are they fun or serious? Now find a gap for yourself.
- Select a handful of words which convey your personality - use them in your copywriting across all of your business' media.
- Address the tone of voice - if your brand's personality is fun, then you may want to communicate in a more informal manner.
- Produce a moodboard - curate images that relate to your brand's values and personality. Use them as a source of inspiration.
- Compare all of these elements - if they are coherent, you will have an authentic and believable brand for your business.
- Create your Brand Guidelines - collect all of these aspects together to produce a guide you can refer back to.
Our aim is to help businesses communicate more effectively through their visuals. Logos are just one aspect we can work on. We hope these tips have been helpful for you.
"Design is the silent ambassador of your brand".
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch.